Tuesday, July 21, 2015

I have so many granola-type things I want to blog about, but never have the time.  If you are interested in saving the earth a little, please read Plastic Purge by Michael SanClements.  An excellent read for the layperson on the good side of plastic, mostly about the bad sides, and what alternatives we have.  If you only do one thing, please join REI's movement to eliminate single use plastic, like sandwich bags, string cheese, etc.  Eliminate most single use things, really.  they are bad news for the earth.  If you want to do another easy thing that will save you lots of money, please don't buy bottled water.  It is ridiculously over priced, the water quality is not at all monitored, and so much energy goes into making, transporting, and distributing said bottles.  HUGE waste.  Use reusable shopping bags instead of plastic ones.  Replace plastic in the home with wood, glass, stainless steel, and fabrics.  The book is a quick read with lots of good ideas.  Have a good day!

1 comment:

  1. Okay GUILTY I LOVE LOVE LOVE disposable water bottles. It's so easy to have some in my car for when the kids (or I) are suddenly DYING of thirst. And while I think I could just bring a reusable water bottle I am grossed out about straws so I refuse to use those kind of water bottles and the other kinds are just more of a pain to wash & remember to pack...BUT I guess there is a point to be made, I will try to be more continuously aware of my plastic consumption.

    ReplyDelete